Posted October 25, 2018. Open until filled and hiring for multiple positions.
Grow your career as a Certified Medical Assistant at ReforMedicine. We are looking for candidates to join our team who share our core values and are innovative, passionate, and authentic in delivering high quality healthcare. ReforMedicine transcends the standards to provide affordable, accessible, and exceptional primary care in the Chippewa Valley. You will be working with an exceptional and experienced team of MDs, NPs, PAs, RNs, CMAs and administrative staff and have an opportunity to use all your skills. We offer competitive wages!
ReforMedicine is a growing locally owned and operated family practice clinic in the Chippewa Valley since 2011, specializing in direct pay medicine. Learn more about our business model at www.ReforMedicine.com.
As a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of health care and patient care management. The MA responsibilities include both Patient care (clinical) and customer service (administrative) duties at one or more locations.
Medical Essential Functions:
- Escort patients to exam rooms and prepare them for examination and treatment, taking medical history as appropriate, collecting vital signs, ensuring patient photos are present in patient chart
- Prepares, cleans and maintains exam rooms
- Assists with EKGs, spirometry, GYN exams and other procedures as needed
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments in accordance with procedures
- Perform phlebotomy and other specimens and process labs per protocol
- Travel to and assist with off-site patient care at Direct Primary Care (DPC) facilities
- Prepares for off-site clinic visits, ensuring all required equipment and supplies are on hand.
- Provides coverage at ReforMedicine on-site clinics as needed
- Performs other selected nursing duties and assists providers as required
Administrative Essential Functions:
- Answers the telephone, providing information as requested and screening calls to providers
- Assist with scheduling appointments, tests and treatments, pre-certifying patients for hospital care and/or procedures and processing referrals to other providers
- Creates, maintains, copies and file patient records and other information as needed
- Manages incoming and outgoing fax communications
- Requests and receives outside medical records and imports to electronic medical record
- Performs “Checkout” procedure, collection of fees and rescheduling and referral of patients as needed
- Enter data as needed for CDL exams; complete and laminate cards
- Reviews schedule for upcoming procedural needs (vaccines, liquid nitrogen)
- Uses proper procedure to dispense medication as delegate of provider
- Maintains strict confidentiality
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- State Certified Medical Assistant Certification, minimum 3 years experience
- Current CPR certification
- Ability to think and work independently and with direction, and communicate with staff members in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful environment
- Comfortable using a computer and multi-line phone system
Dynamic and potentially fast-paced innovative clinical environment. The position requires the ability to maintain a positive, customer-service countenance while working, at times, under some time pressure and with a diverse population-including staff, physicians, clients, patients, and other members of the public on a regular basis.
Desired: 2+ years experience
Benefits: PTO - Paid Time Off, 401K, Profit Sharing